So I decided to start this blog for reasons two- or three-fold:
1. To have a place to rant my fucking head off;
2. To have a place to express myself with no particular restraints caused by concerns of being caught out by someone who knows me and to whom I am socially indebted in some manner, be it familial, social, professional or some combination of the three;
3. To have a place where I can write on a daily basis and simply have a way to literally collect my written thoughts in one place, with the idea of organizing them into a beginning, a middle and an end at some point in the future and actually writing a book. But first, I need to do (1) (2) and (3) so I can really take a step back and go "that right there, that's me; that's the voice I know and love and need to strengthen and define into my own personal weapon of truth"; and "that's the common thread -- now it's clear to me what my story is and what my book is about"; and so on. And also the reverse, like reading something I wrote and going "that is total, disingenuous, pretentious shit. Who do I think I am?"; or "that is completely overwrought" or whatever.
Oh -- there's one more reason I decided to start this blog, and I admit it's a compelling one: there is some shit that I sincerely hate, and don't know what else to do about other than make my opinion heard. There are factually some people I think are better off dead than alive, and as long as they don't agree with this assessment, there isn't much I can do about it in the real world. But you see, there's this other world, this "cartoon reality" as an ex used to call it, where all the rules are mine, and where I can enforce them, and where the good people win and the bad people get their heads chopped off and put in a jar and kept alive so their dirty little souls can't escape, at least not till I say they can. That's the world I can write about without restraint but not act on otherwise. And it's therapeutic to write about it because then it becomes real to that degree and I'm over it and moving forwards. See, I'm already having second thoughts about the head-in-a-jar justice action, if only because I removed the inhibition from expressing the thought. Instead, maybe we could bring back the pillory as a compromise.
No comments:
Post a Comment