I looked at what Lesson #2 is supposed achieve and my immediate reaction was "not ready for that yet". Here's a sub-step between proposed Lessons 1 and 2 to make the transition to Lesson 2 easier. Chance are, I'll be adding this as its own distinct lesson.
For now, my next task is to analyze what I wrote about in Lesson 1 and see if I can narrow it down to a common theme, or at least a few common threads.
Injustice/betrayal/justice/karma
Right/wrong
Aesthetics
Humor/tragedy
Bad guys/good guys
Trust/distrust
Kindness/meanness
Goals & dreams vs reality (and reconciling/integrating the two)
Taking control of one's life/success
Pursuit of happiness
(dreams/goals): Art, beauty, truth
(dreams/goals): Travel
Mundane vs. sublime
Shopping/fashion/style/weight loss/girlie things
Living the dream
Me
The common denominator is me. The themes are as old and classic as the human condition. Nothing new there, except whatever new insights I can lend them as colored by my own experiences.
I go back to what seems easiest for me to write about: me, my life, my experiences to date, the things I've learned through experience: certainly not always by being a good example, often by being a horrible warning. No one else has the same story or viewpoint as I do, and there's no harm in taking the path of least resistance when it comes to writing my first book.And besides, I could probably blab on endlessly about myself. Hopefully I won't bore myself to tears while doing so.
No comments:
Post a Comment