Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Lesson 1 demo, part 2: what I am good at

I am now going to take my own advice and do what I said to to in my last post on how to write a book. This is Lesson 1, part 2, applied to myself.

"2. What areas of life are you an expert or authority in? For example, you may have some technical training or background which makes you an authoritative voice on that subject. However, this is a VERY limited example for this question. What I’m getting at here is this: what area of LIFE can you weigh in on with the experience, background or closure required to fully understand it? We are looking here for areas that you can say “I KNOW about this”; or “I can OWN this; this is MINE”. Areas you may personally consider mundane or even uninteresting, if only because you are so used to it that you don’t recognize it may be of interest to others."

The areas of life that I am an expert in:

1. How to make people laugh, by pointing out the absurdly obvious

2. How to get a man and make him mine

3. How to have a terrible relationship and make it ruin every aspect of one's and one's associates' lives.

4. How to misjudge a book by its cover; and how not to.

5. How to have an excellent relationship and make it improve every aspect of one's and one's associates' lives.

6. Growing up German as can be in the USA.

7. How to never completely fit in unless you want to.

8. How to survive on a few pennies and a lot of wits.

9. How to hitchhike across the USA.

10. How to be a hippie.

11. Real estate survival (barely)

12. Life as a wayward college student in Chicago.

13. How to never let go of one's dreams or one's right to invent alternate endings and realities.

14. How to tell a story of tragedy and still make it funny somehow.

15. How to cook an amazing dinner by color and smell alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment