Goodbye
I wish you well,
I wish you the best,
I wish you the honey and the wine of legends,
I wish you True Love.
Lover, my lover, we were golden,
We were young, we were furious
We made impossible promises --
Crusaders of passion, of life and of love --
I will honor that love
Till the day that I die
And may you never forget the beauty
That we saw, and lived for --
And may I never take up any space
in your generous heart.
May you never forget the dream
of beauty, perfection and pure joy
That once we held together as ours,
that broke when we held it too tight
that shattered like a mirror yet refused to die.
And may you live that dream
Again and again and again,
May the dream stay fresh, and new,
Every time you live it.
And may you live it often, and forever.
The dream is raw with me still --
Raw like an open wound;
Christ bled after his body quit --
Let that be our lesson,
And may our hearts never harden.
The form may change, but the dream will not let.
May it forever be strong in you,
and with me --
May we both quest into eternity
For the truth of perfection.
Anja
7/6/02
No comments:
Post a Comment