Friday, April 22, 2011

Hello Good-bye

Hello, Goodbye

You are conveniently far,
Can’t get you when I want you
Keep me waiting when I don’t want to
I’m not busy enough to not wait for you

I am embarassed that I like you,
Safe in knowing I can’t love you
It’s against the rules, you made that clear
And I agreed to play, no room for fear
And the game is over while we play
There’s just no winning this one unless one of us breaks

It’s a heartbreak before we’ve really started
Before we met we’d already parted
What is the point of going, full steam ahead
When there is no end goal to dream about

Waiting, for you to call
I’m playing hard -- can’t call you at all
Playing hard to win --- you –
If can’t make you
I’ll play to break you

It’s gonna have to be you or me
May the best man win
This game of games, this swirl of delight
My dessert after dinner, the crown of my night

I can’t think, and don’t want to
I think too much, and don’t want to
I don’t want to, I want to
Trapped between inhibition
And desire

And I’d rather be trapped
Than endanger the well-being
Of my constant dreamings
Let them lie like sleeping dogs –
I won’t let you kill them.

6/17/02

No comments:

Post a Comment